I am currently sick at home, trying to get better, and resting as much as I can. It’s nothing serious, just to make that clear, and I figured it’s time for a little life update. I also had to check real quick: When was the last time I posted a video on YouTube? At the beginning of May.
This is not going to be a long post, I’ll try to keep it simple. What has happened since May? What’s going on in my life? Short answer: A lot. I’ll try to keep it simple by sticking to the most important things. Life update – here ya go!
This is what happened since May 2019:
- I had an unexpected fall out with someone who was fairly close to me.
- I moved to Berlin in February 2019 and moved again in June.
- Turns out techno music makes be absolutely ecstatic. I fell in love with hard techno and can’t seem to get enough of it.
- I’ve got a little tribe of people here that I really really enjoy spending time with.
- Boundaries are important and I now feel comfortable and confident setting them, no matter who the parties involved are.
- Learning to openly express my desires has been liberating.
- Opening up to people and sharing my feelings has been one of the most nerve-wracking and valuable experiences.
- I signed up to an Ashtanga Yoga Studio and rediscovered my love for it. In less than two weeks of practicing 2 hours a day I learned more than in years doing it at home.
- 4:30 AM, provided that I am not sick, duh, is my new wake up time.
- I decided to explore going gluten-free. October will be my gluten-free month.
- I opened up about something that I felt very strongly with every fiber of my being. 100% worth it.
- My new “drug” of choice? This stuff. A friend in London introduced me to it and nothing has ever given me so much focus. I only ever drink it before (and sometimes after) going clubbing.
Berlin is giving me life
I can’t quite put it into words. It’s just that I’ve grown so much more confident, stronger (physically and mentally) and comfortable with myself, my desires, wants, needs and so on ever since moving here.
For the longest time, I really really enjoyed filming and editing YouTube videos. Shortly after moving to Berlin I realized, that I needed to focus more on myself, my relationships and my life here. My life in the present moment.
Researching interesting content, filming videos, seeing myself while editing over and over again and needing to flag comments of harassment started to take away from my experience of life in the present.
Everything that I do in life, I aim to give 100% of my attention, time and energy. That goes for all areas of life. I wanted to be more present, I wanted to give Berlin my all and in order to do so, I had to set my priorities straight, which is why I stopped filming.
Will I get back to filming YouTube videos?
I honestly don’t know. There’s a chance that I might and there’s a chance that I won’t. I am still doing my shopping ban, I recently attended another 10-day
Of course, there’s a whole lot more that happened. Dark stuff, painful stuff, really personal stuff, and stuff that may have made other people (myself included) a tad bit uncomfortable. Of course, sharing some of these experiences may be helpful to others however, I refrain from sharing overly personal stuff, because I highly value my privacy.
That was it for my life update. The bottom line is that, although it hasn’t been and isn’t always easy, I absolutely love my life here in Berlin.