Hi, I’m Nina! Welcome to The Minimalist Ninja, a YouTube channel, and blog about minimalism, being vegan, green travel, moving abroad, and frugal living.
In 2014 I discovered minimalism, gave away 80% of what I owned, and left Vienna, Austria. It was then that I made traveling and moving my priority and I haven’t looked back. So far I’ve traveled to 28+ countries and lived in Vienna, Berlin, London, and New York City. I travel and move as much as I do because I’ve arranged my life around it and have made it my priority.
A little timeline:
- 2013: Lived in Berlin for 3 months
- 2014: Embraced Minimalism + Lived in New York City and moved to London
- 2015: Went vegan + started The Minimalist Ninja YouTube channel
- 2016: Moved to New York City
- 2017: Left New York City to travel all of 2018
- 2018: Traveling all of 2018 + start of this blog
- 2019: Move to Berlin + changes
Frequently asked questions
- What’s your favorite form of accommodation? For me traveling like a local is the way to go. I am a lover of Couchsurfing, TrustedHousesitters and, and Airbnb. These platforms allow me to travel and live like locals do, or as close to it as possible. I am not fond of hotels, luxury resorts, and the like. Why? Whenever I am living somewhere I am not living in a hotel or luxury resort so why would I want to stay in such a place when I am traveling?
- How do you afford to travel? Simply put, I’ve arranged my life around it and made moving and travel my #1 priority.
- Why are you vegan? I am vegan because I care. I care about the environment and all living beings. In June 2015 I stumbled upon heaps of documentaries exposing the meat and dairy industry and within two weeks I went vegan. It was one of the best decisions of my life.
- Why do you travel with just a carry-on? I love traveling light and really only bring what I need. I don’t see myself going back to a suitcase or a bigger backpack anytime soon. Whenever I travel all my possessions fit neatly into a 40L backpack or my trusty 16 L backpack.
I made it my mission to inspire you to live with less, but more, and to go out and explore this beautiful planet.
Welcome to my little space on the internet!