A couple of years ago, while I was living in London, a friend of mine shared this recipe with me and I’ve been in love with it ever since. I needed a bit of inspiration and have been roughly following this particular recipe ever since. Although I am currently traveling, I always make these vegan banana oatmeal cookies whenever I am staying somewhere with basic kitchen tools and an oven.
The recipe for these vegan cookies is so simple, you really don’t need much to make them. I made a post about this on Instagram a while back, and several of you asked me for the recipe. Now, this isn’t really a recipe, it’s merely me telling you how to mix these cookies together.
If you are looking for cookies that are incredibly sweet, this recipe is not going to be for you. My partner also likes to call these cookies “oat patties”, and that’s essentially what they are. I always had trouble finding healthy cookies at the grocery store, and that’s when I started making these. I wanted vegan cookies without all the non-sense ingredients that you find in conventional, store-bought cookies.
I love how versatile these cookies are! So far I’ve made them with raisins and dark chocolate chips and absolutely loved them! The possibilities are literally endless!
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 cups of quick oats
- If desired you can add chocolate chips, dry fruit, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 170 degrees C
- Mash 2 bananas (I usually use a fork for this)
- In a bowl, combine the mashed bananas and the two cups of quick oats
- Add whatever else you’d like to have in your cookies. My favorite extra ingredient are raisins!
- Form dough into cookies
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cookies are done (this will be hugely dependent on your oven and settings)
The cookies will be good for a couple days and I also read that they can be frozen although I’ve never done that myself. If you happen to make these cookies, feel free to tag me on Instagram @theminimalistninja. They are seriously some of my favorite things to eat!